Capital Cycling Club (CCC) has made the very difficult decision to CANCEL our 28th Annual Firecracker Ride, scheduled for July 4, 2020.
Continued uncertainty over what the requirements for large events will be in July do not allow us to proceed confidently when the safety and health of our fellow cyclists, volunteers, friends, and family are our top priorities.
It is unfortunate because the Firecracker Ride is an awesome annual tradition for so many cyclists in the RDU area that also benefits the MS Society of NC.
We hope you will join us again on July 4, 2021, to make the Firecracker Ride even more special!!!
CCC Board of Directors
Kickoff your 4th of July by joining a 1,000 riders at this year's Firecracker Bike Ride!! Come early for the ride and stick around for the after-party with music, food and tasty beverages!
Proceeds from the ride benefit the Greater Carolina’s MS Society to help fight this challenging disease. Last year we raised $17,000 for the cause!!
Register online today! Use your USAC account or create one for free. See registration details below.
• Register by Sunday, May 17th, for $35.00 ($15 off day of registration) and receive a free T-shirt and registration packet and an opportunity to purchase a hat for $15.00 with the Firecracker logo.
• Register by Sunday, June 14th, for $40.00 ($10 off day of registration) and receive a free T-shirt and registration packet and an opportunity to purchase a hat for $15.00 with the Firecracker logo.
• Register between June 15th and Tuesday, July 2nd at 8:00PM EST for $40.00 ($10 off day of registration). NO free T-shirt, NO registration packet, and NO opportunity to purchase a hat prior to the event.
• Online registration is open until Tuesday, July 2nd at 8:00 PM EST.
• Day-of registration is $50.00 and opens at 6:30 AM on July 4th.
• Specialized Demo Bikes
July 4th, 2020
6:30 AM EST Registration Opens
8:00 AM EST Mass Start (100k first, followed by 50k minutes later)
Carolina Brewing Company
140 Thomas Mill Rd, Holly Springs, NC 27540
Parking will be available in the area around the Brewery.
Start of the ride and after party will be at CBC Brewery with live music, food trucks and beer!
• Pre-registration packets can be picked up at All Star Bike Shop in Cary. Get 10% off regular priced items while in store! (See pickup dates/times below).
• Specialized Demo Bikes
• SAG vehicle support is provided by HAM Public Radio Services of North Carolina.
• Massage services will be provided by Hands-on-Health to help you recover from the day’s ride.
• Post-ride festivities run from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
• Food will be available for purchase from the following food trucks:
• Event pictures provided by Dave Gill, Event Photojournalist
• Day-of registration costs $50.00 and opens at 6:30 AM EST on Saturday, July 4th. Limited supply of additional t-shirts and hats will be available for sale the day of for $15.00 each.
• Pre-registration packets can be picked up before the ride at All Star Bike Shop in Cary on:
• Online registration available through USA Cycling: