As a Capital Cycling Club member, I promise to:
- Practice good sportsmanship and conduct myself in a professional manner at all cycling and non-cycling events where I am representing Capital Cycling Club. “Representing the club” is defined as any time you are wearing the team jersey or at any event where you are registered as a Capital Cycling Club team member, regardless of whether you are wearing the team jersey or not, while you are at the event venue or on the course. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
• Physical abuse to any person while riding or at an event.
• Use of foul language towards any person while riding or at an event
• Making obscene gestures directed to any persons while riding or at an event
• Malicious actions on the bike toward any persons
• Reoccurring, reckless behavior and/or complaints of safety that puts other cyclists at risk while riding.
- Wear my sponsors’ and team’s clothing proudly. As valuable advertising “vehicles” for their sponsors, Capital Cycling Club members are expected to wear the current, complete team uniform (including jersey and shorts) whenever possible, while participating in “team sponsored” CCC events.
- Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by all relevant local authorities while on individual or group training rides or as instructed during sanctioned races. Maintain a “safety first” mentality on the road at all times.
- Serve the minimum number of hours designated each year by the CCC board in support of CCC charitable events (e.g. Firecracker) Note: 8 hours is the minimum number of hours for 2019.
- Capital Cycling Club athletes must be conscious of their role as ambassadors to the non-cycling and recreational cycling communities. Failure to abide by traffic laws, if observed by the public, can be extremely detrimental to the team’s sponsors and may result in the revocation of all sponsorship benefits for the entire team.
All members demonstrating a manifest unwillingness to meet these Codes of Conduct will be subject to suspension or membership revocation from Capital Cycling Club.